Erie Cemetery is the oldest of Erie Cemetery Association’s three cemeteries.
Situated on 75 acres, the cemetery is located in the heart of the city at 21st and Chestnut streets. Since opening in 1851, more than 50,000 Erieites have made Erie Cemetery their final resting place, including General Strong Vincent, Daniel Dobbins and Sarah A. Reed.
Erie Cemetery has long been appreciated by not only the families we serve every day, but also historians, genealogists, tourists and walkers, who come to enjoy some of the oldest trees in the city, to study over 165 years of funerary art, to learn about the past, and to enjoy a peaceful time out in the middle of the day. Our first and foremost priority remains the families of the deceased, ensuring that the cemetery they visit today will allow them the peace and time to grieve for those they love and miss.
Erie Cemetery is still an active cemetery, performing over 100 services a year, and continuing to sell burial space near to many of the key figures in our history.
Erie Cemetery offers primarily raised and monument lots, flush cremation lots, columbarium niches, and some flush marker graves for sale at the time of need. There is a beautiful chapel on the grounds available as well.Download the Cemetery Map Download a Walking Tour Map
Location and Phone2116 Chestnut St., Erie, PA 16502
Open during daylight hours — as long as the gates are open.
J. Clarke Kuebler — General Manager
Tonya Carpenter — Business Administrator
Betsy MacKrell — Database Manager
Justin Harris — Grounds Supervisor